Winter has officially arrived and had us waking up to a blanket of snow all over our lovely town of Mount Forest! Which means… heating season is officially here!
Is your system up and running?
We highly recommend having one of our tech’s check your system at least once every 1 to 2years, minimum, to ensure it is running at its peak performance and running as efficient as possible.
There are some things that a home owner can check themselves:
- Check your thermostat settings – If you have a programmable thermostat you can take advantage of programming your settings to have the heat on only when you need it. Such as taking the stat down 1-2 degrees at night for sleeping and during the day if you are not home.
- Change your filter at least every 2 months, if your filter is dirty the heating system has to work harder to get the air flow and could potentially cause your equipment to fail IF it was extremely dirty.
- Ensure all furniture is away from your heating and return air vents, this can restrict the flow and the furnace will have to work harder to bring up the temperature to what the thermostat is set at.
Reminders before calling in for a service call :
- If we had a heavy snow – which thankfully isn’t yet – if you are able to, please check your vent pipe out the side or back of your home, if this gets clogged with snow this can cause your furnace to fail.
- It is beneficial if you know the make, model and age of your furnace in case any parts are needed to make the repairs.
- Did you try re-setting the system – which you can do by simply turning off the thermostat and then turning back on again, sometimes this is enough to reset the system and it will start back up again.
If you are having issues with your heating system please give us a call toll free 1-866-565-5513 We provide 24-7 Emergency Service for no heat. We do recommend calling at the first sign of trouble so you are not left without heat in the evening or middle of the night to disturb your nights rest!